Open Source Enterprise Search Server: Fess¶
What is Fess ?¶
Fess is very powerful and easily deployable Enterprise Search Server. You can install and run Fess quickly on any platforms, which have Java runtime environment. Fess is provided under Apache license.
Fess is Elasticsearch-based search server, but knowledge/experience about Elasticsearch is NOT needed because of All-in-One Enterprise Search Server. Fess provides Administration GUI to configure the system on your browser. Fess also contains a crawler, which can crawl documents on Web/File System/DB and support many file formats, such as MS Office, pdf and zip.
- Very Easy Installation/Configuration
- Apache License (OSS)
- OS-independent (Java Application)
- Crawler for Web/File System/DB/Windows Shared Folder(SMB)
- Support many document types, such as MS Office, PDF, Zip archive,...
- Support a web page for BASIC/DIGEST/NTLM/FORM authentication
- Contain elasticsearch as a search engine (unlimited scalability)
- Provide UI as a responsive web design (support any device)
- Provide a browser based administative page (admin console)
- Support secure search (access control with LDAP/Active Directory/SSO)
- Support JSON/GSA format of search results
- Provide search/click log and statistics
- Provide auto-complete(suggest)
- OCR support
- Fess 11.4.7 Released
- Fess 12.0.1 Released
- Fess 12.0 Released
- Fess 11.4.6 Released
- Fess 11.4.5 Released